Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Potty-Training Success!

I decided I would potty-train Brylee the last week of Christmas vacation. One of my friends had bought this e-book, Three-Day Potty Training, and potty-trained her little girl in actually 7 days and she was a month younger than Brylee. Brylee is 22 months old and the book says that is the perfect age. I decided to do it. The first day was AWFUL! Everytime I turned around I was cleaning up pee, ask Erika. Erika, Landry, & Isabella came over the first night of our mission. The next day was actually better. She actually pottied a couple of times. I was so proud; she even went at someone else's house. By the third day, she hardly had any accidents. Since then, she only really has accidents at night or every once in a while at naptime. She was even dry when she went to church nursery and preschool the first time! I was really nervous about that. Her teacher even asked me for the "secret" so she could get the rest of Brylee's class potty trained. I am so proud of her and I am really excited to say - NO MORE DIAPERS!!

5 comments:

Jessica and Matt said...

Thats great girl!!! I am proud of you!! Kelly told me about that book...That is so neat!! It's time to train Karlie!!

Samantha said...

Thanks for the info in your comment. I bought it this morning!!! We have already been working with Hunter so I hope he does even better after I read the "secrets" ha.. He goes everytime we take him. He just has not gotten the hang of telling us when he needs to go.

Congrats on Brylee already being potty trained!! That is awesome especially at her age!

Anonymous said...

I know you are Happy. Look at how much money you are going to save on not having to buy diapers!!! More stuff for you. Haha. Have a great weekend.

Hornsby Family said...

Good for you and Brylee! Glad to know it worked. The only thing to watch out for is long road trips. Little ones need to go at the worst times when there is no place to stop.

Leah said...

I am super jealous! Brylee needs to teach Jack to go peepee in the potty. He is determined not to wear big boy pants and I bought about 15 pairs for him at Christmas. What's the secret?
Leah