Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Goodbye Preschool, Hello Kindergarten!

Tuesday night was Brant's graduation. It was somewhat bittersweet - great that there will be no more daycare costs for him, but sad because he is getting older. It seems like yesterday, I was writing his feeding schedule for his teacher when he was a baby. The ceremony was so nice. Each 3 & 4 year old class sang different songs. Then they played a slide show of each of the graduates, with pictures from throughout the year. That is where I lost it. The video was so wonderful. After a couple of more songs, the graduates were presented their diplomas. My parents, sister, and Bryan's parents were able to attend. After the ceremony, there were snacks and refreshments. Of course, I took lots of pictures!

5 comments:

Brad, Amy, Bes and Mae said...

Hey girl! Starting the first Monday in June we are going to have a kickin' playgroup! It's starting at my house and then we can go to Jumpin' G's, Lee Park... just makin' the rounds! Should be fun! Send me your email address so I can keep you posted!!

Amanda said...

this makes me remember the day Abby left preschool! I know he will have fun in kindergarten. If only he could have the best kindergarten teacher ever! Lol. You know I am partcial to our kindergarten teacher. Abby and I both love you to death. Cant wait for 5th grade.

Shannon Willcutt said...

Such sweet times! Love the cap and gown...I think I would have cried :)

Samantha said...

I would have balled my eyes out!!! I am such a sucker for videos..

Welcome to the Shit Show! said...

Oh my gosh, Candace! I LOVE that picture of your mom and Brylee! That is TOO stinkin' cute! :) I can't believe Brant is going to Kindergarten! He was suppoesed to be in MY class!!